Monday, March 14, 2005

bloopers

we do speak english on the floor and practice makes perfect but there are still a lot of bloopers on the floor.some may not be able to catch up what i'm saying but these scenarios create a burst of laughter in the office.in my case,here are some;



opening spiel: "thank you for calling _____.com. my name is shania. is there a reservation i can help you with today?"

closing spiel: "have i answered all ur questions? thank u for calling______.com.have great day!"

that's the standard opening and closing spiels but instead of having the closing spiel:

scenario 1

me: have i answered all your questions?

caller: yes you have,thank you...

me: alrighty...thank you for calling expedia.com. my name is shania. is...is...

(then i stopped,realizing that i was supposed to end the call)

scenario 2

me: have i answered your questions?

caller: yes you have.

me: ok...thank you for your help...

(i thanked her instead of her thanking me)

scenario 3

our job requires us to call our vendors(airlines,hotels or cars) and we do ask assistance from them.instead of thanking them,i said: thank you for calling! (oh...my God...i just called them and i thanked them for calling...hehe...it is too scripted..)

scenario 4

i had this caller who wanted me to search for available flights from denver to baton rouge.oh,boy there could have been something wrong with my auditory nerves because when i gave the recap for the flights that he wanted.....

me: this is a flight from denver to bangladesh.

caller: No, i'm not going to bangladesh.i said baton rouge.B-A-T-O-N R-O-U-G-E....

(hahaha...)

scenario 5

before i ended the call,i advised the caller regarding the documents needed for travel.

me: you have to print a printed copy...(haha...stop me awardee)

scenario 6

when i tried to spell-out the letters of the airline confirmation code...i said, K for killer.

(it was a big no-no.what a boo-boo...my batchmates were laughing during the call upon hearing my own composition for spelling out the letter K.)

scenario 7

at the start of the call after caller gives itinerary,we start pulling up the record and then i always advise the caller to bear with me and to stay on the line while i pull up the record.then the called said,"try using DSL,it's faster".

scenario 8

caller: where are you located?

me: philippines

caller: really?owh, you have a great english.

me: thank you...

caller: you're welcome but there is just something wrong with the way you say Charlotte.... it's C-h-a-r-l-o-t-t-e. say it...

me: C-h-a-r-l-o-t-t-e

caller: say it again...

(haha...he was like a teacher teaching a kid...in fairness, great english daw.)

1 comment:

Cathapulan said...

hehehe. buang man ka oi. katawaha jud kos K for killer... badtrip kos ako call before my first lunchbreak.. fcuk!!!