Thursday, September 07, 2006

it pays to wait

"hui nganong wa man kay uyab"

"istrikta man gud ka"

"standards,standards..wa nay ayo"

i've been told about these things many times and these are just few of the many statements.years ago,i have a long list of the things that i'm looking for in a man.i've been telling myself i can't have those qualities in just one person.that would be impossible and would require years of praying,petitions,novenas, a number of masses and offerings.haha...it came to a point when i had to let go of that checklist.i'm left with three of the most important qualities.first is,the guy should become my friend.because if he is,i would feel comfortable and there would be no pretensions. second,a family-man.i wanted him to be family-oriented because i am too.third,my family should like him because i don't wanna choose between my family and him.lil did i know that just when i've let go of all the other qualities,God is working on my relationship.i would say i've been praying for that person.my friend nadina used to joke about my 20pesos every sunday.whenever i leave home to hear mass,she would always tell me "nik,ang 20pesos para sa imong bana.dapat lang i-pray and halaran".i know it's funny but prayer works wonders.i'm not saying he's worth 20pesos but there's nothing impossible with prayers.He prepared someone for me who i believe has met all the qualities.i dunno but i've been looking at it in all angles and i believe it's him. God has been so great.God gave me someone beyond my expectation.he's more than what i asked for.i know it pays to wait.

1 comment:

Purple Butterfly said...

you're right my dear friend, it pays to wait and prayer definitely works!