Sunday, August 21, 2005

a tribute

her name is melody.she's a friend and a cousin rolled into one.she passed away at 1am,on the 20th of august.breast cancer is the culprit.it's so sad to think that she died at an early age.she is only 23 and there are still a lot of things ahead of her.i know there is a reason for everything.we've been classmates since grade school... then high school and with RS 35 in college.the last time i spoke to her was last 16july2005 when i went home for the fiesta.who would think that she'll die early.she was a healthy lass.very athletic and always on the go.i could never imagine her to be so weak.i only have good things and good memories of her.she was always there to cheer me up.she knows it when i don't like something or someone.she understands what i mean when i raise my eyebrow or whenever i roll my eyes.she was my movie partner and lunch partner in college.she knows me inside and out.she never left me behind and she was always on my side.she was a faithful friend.she is brave and she's never afraid to say what she thinks.she is a strong person.she defends me from the wicked witch.hehe.she saves me from mopping the floor.hehe.she would then tell me to just wipe the blackboard because it was a lot easier.she was my ka-chika when our boring teacher starts her discussion.we talk like there's no tomorrow.she is always fun to be with.she laughs whenever i send her a couple of quotes.she was a matchmaker though not a succesful matchmaker for me. she knows who my longtime crush is.she was my mathematics savior (a.k.a. kopyahanan sa assignment sa math) when i'm not sure of my answers.she was my debate partner in high school.she appreciates and praises me.she laughs with me over the corny jokes and the whole likos thingy.i could be myself when i'm with her.we never fought.we agree on many things and we're both ruled by taurus.she is on the same wavelength as i am.we simply connect and we are friends.i'm glad i've known her.

ding...thanks for everything.



last words

i heard mass last 16july and since i was late,standing position ang drama sa likod.(den,dili katingalahan bah?)then melody came and we had a very short chat.this was our last conversation.(some statements are rephased)

melody: hoi...ikaw gyud lagi,tagnaan gyud nako bisag nakatalikod.

me: sez,ikaw man diay nah.as usual late nasad.hehe.dawbi?

melody: diyaa...arte lang gyud gihapon ka.

me: bwahaha...tanawa gani.lain?.match-match ra ba.hehe.

melody: dili oi.wa gyud ka nagbag-o.nya?nakauyab naka?

me: ngee...pastilan sa tanan pangutana kana pa jud.way kwenta.

melody: huh?mao diay gihapon...

me: ay,sus.don't worry.ipa-ila-ila tka if naa.

melody:gikan baya ko ila candy gahapon and wala man siya kay nagsimba.adto unta ko inyo kay ingon mam elaine niuli ka.

me: ay...sez sayang.adto unta ka kay nihapit ra ba sad nesly gahapon sa hapon.i dunno asa ang uban.la pud gana lakaw2.basin nagsimba sila karon.

melody: nah...naulaw ko kay basin daghan tao sa inyo.

me: unsay kaulawan oi nga kami-kami ra man sa hauz.sila manang naa man sad.taas-taas unta ato chika.wa na jud ta kita.wa na ta tanaw sine.remember?

melody: sige diay gyapon ka tanaw sine?

me: usahay nalang if restday.adto balay huh lunch.ayaw pag-ulaw2 oi.kasab-an ta man ka.bwahaha.ma-crazy sad ko.

melody: tanawon lang oi kay uban man mi mama.

me: basta...pagtext lang,paabuton tka.
dawbi..ikaw?minyounon man daw ka?haha...mzta?

melody: gikan baya ko hospital.

me: owh..?kay?

melody: nasakit baya ko.

me: ngano?

melody:leukemia and anemia lagi.

me: huh?owh...likos gyud.tungka pud ka karon.binuang...ayaw'g luya-luya diha.sayang ang pagka-athlete.(then we laughed)runner baya ka and kapoy2 na nuon ka.unsay connection?asa naman imo pagkatigas.bitaw,tarong bah...

melody: lagi...giabunohan ko dugo and first week of july ko nakagawas. tanawa gani ako kamot,luspad.

me: bitaw noh...hala oi...ngano man? unya?

melody: istorya nata sunod kay misa pa and maglingkod ko.naglain ako ginhawa.

me: cge...kay gitan-aw nata ni father.siwitan daw kaayo ta.special mention gani ta ron na.haha.chika-chika pa unta ta kay daghan ko chika.hala oi paglingkod na didto kay dili ra ba ko kadaog nimo.kulbaan man sad ta nimo.gitawag naka imo mama.sige... text-text lang.diri ra ko sa ako fave spot.haha..

melody: ganahan gyud ka diha duh?lingkod sa ko ha.chai...anhi sa ko.

that was it....

the very last time i saw her was when she smiled when i pass by her during the offering.i didnt see her after the mass because there were too many people and she didnt come at lunchtime. she just texted me that she can't make it because she doesn't feel well.



chicken

the very first person who informed me that melody passed away was marvin.he was melody's friend in college who eventually became my friend thru her.he was one of our lunch partners.and then lawrence texted me with the same news.i felt bad and sad at the same time.and then the paranoia begins...know why? blame it to my Phasmophobia(fear of ghosts).it may be funny but it's true.call me CHICKEN,i don't care.i might die if i see a ghost.honest!
i went home after work and there are so many thoughts playing in my mind.i bought food from a nearby eatery and when i reached home...i didn't know what to do.i had mixed emotions.i don't want to go upstairs because i was afraid.what will i do?my water is in my room and i can't eat without water and my stomach is loging for food.good thing i had my pineapple juice in the ref.it saved me.but it didn't end there.it took me almost an hour to lift my feet and finally go upstairs to catch some sleep.i was like a robber.lingi dinhi,lingi didto.i didn't sleep well because i would wake up in the middle of my sleep thinking that somebody's watching over me.my God,i was so praning.plus there were people who kept on texting me that melody's gonna visit me.shucks...it scared me to death.i didn't know how many times i prayed and i've also recited the saint's names.my goodness...this is what i hate most whenever someone close to me dies.it's such a pain in the ass.i know everything happens for a certain reason and it is hard to lose someone.i've always said that i hate goodbyes.but i can't help it but be afraid..be very afraid of the ghost.nginiig ito.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com







2 comments:

Purple Butterfly said...

Hi nikks! sorry to hear such a sad news. things happen for a reason. Like what the Bible says, there is always a time for everything and a season for every activity.

Aden said...

naah!praning gyud diay ka da?
nah oi...closeness man sad kaau mo!kabalo na cguro to na hadlokan ka,dli to manghilabot,tan-awon ra cguro ka from a far...

bitaw, the death was a surprise gyud!

may she rest in peace...