Saturday, October 01, 2005

greetings

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


a customer just greeted me today with a "have a f**k*ng day!" after he hung up.hahaha...damn caller!he got so pissed off because i didn't provide him with any info.and he even demanded to speak with a supervisor.

here's what happened:

me: thank you for calling _____.com.my name is shania.is there a reservation i can help you with today?

bill: owh,i wanna check on my itin.can you help me with that?

me: sure,let me help you with that sir.may i have your name?

bill: bill

me.thank you.for security purposes,may i have the email address associated with the account?

(then he goes irate)

bill: why are you asking me that?i don't know the email address.someone booked this for me.

me: ok.who booked this reservation?

bill: my daughter booked this for me.

me:may i have your daughter's name?

bill: do we have to go through all these things.

me: yes,bill.

bill: why don't you just tell me about my itinerary?

me: i'm sorry,i cannot disclose any info regarding the reservation if you cannot provide me with the correct email address.

bill: i told you i don't have the email address.

me: bill, you have to provide me the email address for security purposes.if you don't have the email addres,you can ask your daughter and you may call as back.

bill: then give me your supervisor.

me: that is not possible.

bill: i told you i need to speak with your supervisor because you won't help me.now, can i speak with your supervisor?

me: NO.you have to go through the first step.

bill:what?

me:you have to go through the first step.you have to pass security verification.

bill: what the h*ll is wrong with you?you're not of any help. may i have your name?

me:may name is shania and that is spelled as S-H-A-N-I-A.

bill: ok.i'm going to write a letter and i'm going to include your name.

me: ok.have a great day.

bill: have a f*ck*ng day!

so,there...it didnt ruin my day.right after that damn caller,my supervisor called for a meeting and we had a voice simulation.i got nervous because we did it invidually and then the other team members were asked to rate our performance.i'm glad i did it well.

the result:

"Hats off to you Tif!

You sure have a very pleasant voice on the phone.

You are a naturale voice talent if I may add. You speak with character.

However, as you already know, your voice can sometimes come up too strong to first time or educate customers.

It is a good thing that you command authority when you speak but it would be a lot better if you add a li'l spice of enthusiasm when you convey your messages to your customers.

A small talk is all that you need.

Thank you for giving your best all the time.

Your humility only shows how mature and strong you are as a person.

We hope to spend more time with the team doing this kind of things. "

---people were telling me i sound so "maldita" on the phone and so authoritative.i'm not making it hard for my callers but it's just the way i speak.my previous QA(quality assurance) analyst would always leave a comment which says: "don't be smug and condescending." awwwh....i try to sound nice the beast as i could.hahaha...NOT.i always try to sound nice the best as i could and i think it sometimes works because i get good reviews.all in the name of customer service.

1 comment:

Purple Butterfly said...

hahahaha i got a call like that! did you speak with MR PJ Patel? He's such a nice businessman and definitely knows how to run a business. Well, this post reminded me when he said that whenever we get callers like that, we should just ride it off. yaaaah! im glad you did not feel bad cause you sure are doing a great job out there! hihi *a pat in the back*