Thursday, September 01, 2005

the month of BER

today marks the first day of the month of BER which means christmas is coming.christmas has been my fave season of the year.it reminds me of so many things.food.owh..how i love to eat and if it's christmas,food is overflowing.sumptuous foods are served on the table.almost all of my fave food is present.lechon is my fave.gift-giving.it has been a tradition in our family.by november,we start the manito thingy and everyone's eager to know who their manito is.everybody's excited to open their gifts.it was always fun.i hope lance is my manito this year who happens to be my godson.hehe.i love gift-wrapping and it feels good seeing someone opening his gift with so much happiness.(except for ***.hehe.bad.u know na.ayaw saba.) party.i love parties and not just the usual party.people close to me knew what i mean.and there goes the annual batch party.it's great seeing your old friends and catching up on each other's lives.simbang gabi.i so sooo love the 9 mornings.i always make it a point to complete the 9mornings and it feels good.it's my favorite.i'm super excited to hear mass.last year, i've never heard mass even once for the simbang gabi.it was sad.my friend jasmin would laugh at me because weeks before the 16december,i have a complete list on what to wear.ukay-ukay.i love UK but this time it's our time to give our old clothes to other people.it felt good.this has been done annually.caroling.i love christmas carols.it's very heartwarming to see kids singing outside your house and they never care if they sang it right.when we were kids,i used to join my friends and my cousins would also come with us.we would sing our hearts out complete with the local tambourine(tanzan made) and ukelele.(yeah,i know.i'm not good when it comes to singing.i know that.i can sing but i can't carry a tune.i admit it.hehe.)we were so happy if we were given piso.some would give us 25cents,banana,candy or biscuits.and some would never care as if they never heard you sing.before we end the day,we sang at our house because my dad would give us 5pesos.and at the end of the day, we would buy bread or biscuits and plan where our next gig is.(hehe.gig?).fireworks.i love fireworks.it's like the stars are falling.hehe.(if that's the case,we would all die.)shopping.new clothes and cheap finds.my mom would always give us our bonus every christmas.though it is just a little cash but i got to buy what i want.and since there are a lot of mark down prices,you don't have to sacrifice quality over the price.christmas tree.i love putting up the christmas three.i missed it last year though.i love to accentuate our xmas tree because it brings out my creative juices.family gathering.my relatives would spend their christmas at home.we always have our party every 25th and also the annual kris kringle.birthdays.a lot of birthdays to celebrate.auntie lang on the fifth.lance on the 11th who celebrates his bday every 22nd.apple and intoy on the 28th.jan on 2january but still within the xmas n new year season.
haaay...these are just few of the things i love which i'll miss this christmas.i also missed it last year but there's always a first time.this year is my second time to spend christmas away from home.i'm looking forward to go home just for a while on new year.i know it is impossible for me to spend christmas at home due to my sched but christmas would always be in my heart and christmas is everywhere.

2 comments:

Aden said...

ok...start shopping na for 9mornings and for xmas day mismo...

Nikkita said...

shhh...dili man ko uli.