Sunday, February 13, 2005

a day in a life of a call-girl

this is how my ordinary working day works...
9:00pm: beeeep......beeeep........ owh there goes that alarm clock again... snooze off... then take my last 15 minute nap before getting up
9:15pm: it's time to get up... take a bath ... fix myself...
10:15pm: waits for a ride to the office
10:45pm: arrives at the office and log-in for the DTR...a quick chitchat with the experian people... 11:00pm: get my headset...go to my station and set up my tools
11:15pm: checks out food at the pantry and then eat my breakfast
11:45pm: go back to the station...a lil chitchat with the people around...i blog or bloghop...check my mails...surf the net...and then checks msgs in outlook for any work-related updates... 11:50pm: it's time to refresh my tools...
11:55pm: i'ts time to pray...yeah,i do for me to be able to handle all my calls well and to avoid irate callers.
11:59pm: it's time for my phone log-in... and then puts on headset and then gets ready to take calls...
AVAIL(read:available.it means ur ready to take calls)
12:00mn:calls start coming in... "thank you for calling _____.com. my name is shania. is there a reservation i can help with today?" this is our opening verbiage "have i answered all ur questions? thank u for calling ______.com.have a great day!" this is our closing verbiage and then dadadadadadada...............
2:30am: finally it's my first 15-minute break...finishes documentation especially if it's really queueing, i do have pending docs... checks out food at the pantry and reserves food for my lunch ...i don't usually eat during my 15minute breaks...i just surf the net or check my mails again... sometimes when i'm still engaged in a call, i don't take my break as scheduled. 2:45am: take calls again...
4:15am: at last...it's my lunch break...i'm having my lunch at 4 in the morning...when i first started with this sched, i don't like to eat rice at this time...ew...i don't even eat rice during breakfast before.i just go for bread or anything but not rice.but you'll get used to it.you have to ride the waves of life. then a quick chitchat at the pantry with the people you only know by face. you could make friends easily especially if you see the same person during lunch breaks...and then go back to my station and surf the net...this is what i like...unlimited internet access and i only hate it when clint of the IT department blocks some of the sites.
4:10am: refresh my tools and ready to take calls again...
5:15am: arrgh....i'll take calls again.. if it's not queueing i can chitchat with my teammates...or tindog-tindog to see if my crushee arrives..haha...
7:00am: time for my second 15-minute break...
7:15am: calls again... chitchat or do whatever...tindog-tindog for my vitamin A 9:00am: i use my 10-minute personal break...tindog-tindog again...
9:10am: calls again and hopes that my last call will end at exactly 10:01am... 10:01am: shift ends,it's time to log-out from phone and then finishes pending docs...blog as what i'm doing now,access mugshots and send emails.
10:30am-11:00am: log-out from the office and eat again...or chichat with nadina at e-diner...and stay at our favorite spot outside the office before having a ride home.
11:30am-12:nn: arrives at the bhauz...
12:30pm: it's time to call it a day and then sleep...it's time to rest after a day of work...

that's how my day would end...

No comments: