Friday, November 11, 2005

Flat or Flattering?

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

"hey,ur so thin."
"omg! wala gyud ka nidako!"
"ur sis is taller than you."
"do u eat?"
"r u on diet?"
"u don't look like ur a working girl."
"what do u eat?"
"u look like ur the youngest."
"unsa naka nga year?graduating?"

i've heard these statements so many times and if i could only list down all the comments then it will require a whole page.one time when we (with my bro john;he is 5"9)were on our way home,john sat beside me and then the lady asked him,"dong,pletehan na ang bata?".oh my God!we were laughing the whole time.Mom said when I was born I was a 7-pound healthy baby girl which is normal. When i grew up, people recognized how lil I was. they were telling me that I'll soon grow big when I enter grade school. grade school came but everything stayed the same. then they said my body build will change after "pagdadalaga" but it didn't.so, they said it might be in high school and then in college or could be right after i graduate in college or maybe when i have a job of my own.or maybe when i get married and the guess goes on and on.shut up!as i look at myself in the mirror, it's not too bad.i don't look like those kids in somalia.right? i have a small frame, thin and petite i should say.i don't like to grow so big because i'm not tall.i'm only 5feet tall and i don't like to see myself with a bulging tummy, round faced, flabby arms and what-nots.i'm contented with how i look now.i might someday join the big asses association but as of now,this is me.i don't have a problem with baby fats slash bilbil,people say i look young for my age,i can shop at the kids department,i can always say "SP" if i ran out of coins etcetera.i know some people are so desperate and they spend so much just to lose weight.i don't wanna go through that hassle.i could either be flat or flattering.it's not how you look that matters but it's how you bring out the best in yourself.
didn't you know that big surprises comes in small packages?haha...

check this out: campaign for beauty

5 comments:

ShoeGirl Corner said...

Enjoy your shape whatever it is. You're alive and healthy! Cool site.

Nikkita said...

shoegirl:tnx for dropping by.

Purple Butterfly said...

hey nikk! I know im one of those who make such comments but I hope u understand that I never meant to demean you or anything... you look wonderful just the way you are and please don't even try to change. we are all beautiful no matter what we look on the outside. what is important is what's inside and you've been one of the most sincere person I know and I thank God for you. Cheers to you my good friend.

Cathapulan said...

hahaha "plitihan nang bata?" ..this entry made me laugh nix. heheh. really..

Nikkita said...

jimena:tnx to you.

purplebutterfly:bingo!tnx nad.

topsyturvy:haha...that's true.