Wednesday, November 09, 2005

it's my turn for a kickback

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

nope,i didn't have a hotel reservation but i just love to call it a kickback.i went home to talisayan last 31oct and went back last 5nov.i was sooo excited to go home and hanz(Workforce) must be annoyed by me because i always follow-up my leave everyday(not to mention he is a cutie.hehe).so there,my 5-day leave was approved.my restdays fell on 29oct-30oct plus my leave was approved from the 31oct-4nov plus another restday on 5nov-6nov which means a long vacation.my shift ended last 29oct at 8am which is saturady so it was possible for me to depart at 8pm but i decided not to because according to me it would be a hassle to leave right after my shift.my original plan was to leave last sunday but there's no avail trip with cebu ferries/superferry.only trans asia had a trip that night and i don't trust them that much.so, i opted not to leave.i bought a ticket to leave monday,31oct sched to depart at 945am and is sched to arrive at 6pm.wow!!!perfect!because i can catch a bus at 7pm and i'll be home by 9pm.i was super excited packing my things and i woke up at 6am and then headed to the pier at 8am. while waiting for the check-in instructions,an announcement was made and here it goes:
"to all passengers scheduled to depart from cebu to cagayan de oro ticketed to leave at 945am,your trip has been delayed.the boat is scheduled to arrive at the port of cebu at 3pm.we apologize for the delay caused by previous delays.good morning!"
(i've memorized it from word to word because it was repeated many times and it was so annoying to hear it again and again.)
wtf?i can feel my blood rushing back and forth and it was not a good surprise.had i known this could happen,i would have left last saturday.i almost turned into an irate customer but i chose not to coz it might ruin my entire trip.i just tried to think about the many possibilities why it got delayed and the what-nots.i even met new people and good thing they served free lunch and dinner.the price of the ticket is only 290php.it was a good catch so people were tempted to buy the ticket only to find out that the trip will be delayed for how many hours.the boat arrived at 4pm and we departed at 630pm on board superferry12.we could have been in cdo at 6pm if only it departed on time.we arrived at 1am and i got home at 430am.good thing my brother jan heard me and he gladly (i dunno if he was glad though.hehe)opened the door.i would just like to thank the couple i met at the terminal with their two kids who helped me forgot that we waited for seven hours or more,the youngters i chatted with who thought i was still in college(hehe) and who got concerned if i've eaten lunch,to my college classmate etta who i met at the boat who helped me find my deck and who was with me on the bus,to fritz who invited me to play tong-itsImage hosted by Photobucket.com with him for hours and stayed with me until we got off the boat and shared with me my very first experience to witness a shooting starImage hosted by Photobucket.com,to the englisero gay who chatted with me who made me feel that the long line is too short and to the familiar faces who made me feel that i was not alone.

5 comments:

ms_jsta said...

grabeh bai! gi-snob akong text...hmp/

Cathapulan said...

hahaha. ikaw man gud. wa ko nimo gi ubanan .. na gabaan. hehe. di bitaw.

Nikkita said...

ms_js: what text?

topsyturvy:ahem...ahem...ngaon lagi ta casa verde sunod.

Anonymous said...

haha...uyyy fritz ha...tong-its and shooting star.didnt you hear that if you witnessed a shooting star with someone with you then he might be ur soulmate?

Nikkita said...

anonymous: ngee...bata pa kaayo to oi.